Hiring: Licensed Truck/ Trailer Mechanic-Abbotsford, BC
J&R Hall Transport Inc. is a 4th generation, family owned and operated company specializing in expedited FTL and LTL freight services between Ontario and Western Canada. We are committed to enriching the lives of our staff with a friendly, family atmosphere, offering industry leading compensation and benefits for all positions.
Safety is our number one priority and we are proud to have maintained an “Excellent” Safety Rating for over 20 years!
As a nine-time recipient of Trucking HR Canada’s Top Fleet Employer of Distinction award, we are recognized as meeting HR standards of excellence and are continuously introducing new programs to better enhance our employees’ lives.
J&R Hall is currently seeking a licensed Truck and/or Trailer Mechanic (Red Sealed) to join our team at our Vancouver Terminal. We offer competitive compensation package based on experience, group benefits, late model equipment.
Reporting to the Service Manager based in Ontario, you will be a key member of maintenance team.
Flexible shifts based on 40 hours per week
Responsibilities and Duties
- Inspection, diagnosis and repair of trucks & trailers through preventative and scheduled maintenance
- Performing general vehicle repairs on electrical and/or pneumatic systems
- Ability to read and comprehend maintenance manuals
- Following company safety policies and procedures including the use of PPE
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times
- Understand vehicle reports and use computer systems to enter work orders
- Document repairs on work orders and complete inspections sheets as required
- Communicate with operations and supervisory staff on availability of equipment
- Inventory and ordering parts
- Valid British Columbia Truck & Transport Mechanic or Transport Trailer Technician Certificate or an interprovincial Red Seal Certification equivalent required
- A cooperative team player attitude with a positive work ethic
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience with computers to update and log work orders
- Ability to lift heavy parts
- Good written and communication skills
- Freightliner and Detroit experience is a benefit
- Company Paid Benefits (EHC, Dental, Vision, Life and Ltd) and Group RRSP after three months, company matched after one year
- Company paid uniforms
- Wellness and EAP programs
- Family Atmosphere
J&R Hall Transport Inc. promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Click here to apply!